- Principal Attorney at Cavanaugh & Quesada, PLC from October 2008-Present, in Royal Oak, Michigan
- Member at Shrine of the Little Flower Building and Grounds Cmte - 2015 - Present
- Adjunct Professor at Eastern Michigan University from January 2013-Present
- State of Michigan - 1993
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western District
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics - 1980 University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, MI
- Juris Doctor - 1993 Wayne State University - Detroit, MI
- 2013 - Balthazar Korab Award - American Institute of Architects, Michigan Chapter
- 2012 - Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit - Dbusiness Magazine, as voted by peers
- 1997 - Honorary Member - American Institute of Architects, Michigan Chapter
Gary D. Quesada, J.D.
Mr. Quesada has been practicing law since 1993 and is admitted to all Michigan Courts, and the U.S. District Courts of Michigan. His practice has been concentrated in the design and construction industries, representing architects, engineers, contractors, private construction owners, and public entities. Mr. Quesada represents clients in business and construction law matters, contract, construction and property disputes, construction lien and bond claims, professional malpractice, copyright, insurance defense and government affairs. Other areas of practice include family law, estate planning, arts and entertainment.
Litigation/Arbitration: Extensive experience prosecuting and defending large, complex construction cases, contract, copyright, and personal injury disputes, through both litigation and arbitration. Clients include architects, engineers, developers, large and small general contractors, subcontractors, homebuilders, municipalities, public universities, libraries, Native American Tribes, and professional associations.
Insurance Defense: Represented numerous clients pursuant to an insurer's obligation to defend, including claims exceeding $7,000,000, with results satisfactory to the carrier. Carriers served include Amerisure, Architects & Engineers Insurance Company, Besso/UK, Cincinnati, CNA, DPIC, Everest, Kemper, Specialty Claims Management, and XL Professional.
Legislative Initiatives: 13 years serving as Government Affairs attorney to professional association AIA Michigan; represented AIA in connection with various construction-industry legislation; responsible for developing recommendations on legislative initiatives and strategy; responsible for organizing grass-roots support and opposition; testified on industry-significant legislation before various Michigan House and Senate committees, including Commerce, Judiciary and Regulatory Reform; currently serving on Executive Board of Government Affiars Committee for the Construction Association of Michigan.
Amicus Curiae: Represented Associated General Contractors of Michigan, American Institure of Architects, Michigan, and American Council of Engineering Companies Michigan in Michigan Supreme Court as Amicus Curiae.
- Adjunct Professor at Eastern Michigan University from January 2013-Present, teaching CNST 406W - Construction Law with partner, Peter Cavanaugh
- Miller v Allstate Insurance Co., 481 Mich. 601; 751 NW2d 463 (2008)
- Ostroth v Warren Regency, GP, LLC, 474 Michigan 36; 709 NW2d 589 (2006)
- Ghaffari v Turner Construction Co., 473 Mich. 16; 699 NW2d 687 (2005)
- Images Audio Visual Productions Inc. v Perini Building Co., 91 F.Supp 2d 1075 (2000)
- 1993-Present: Member - State Bar of Michigan
- 1998-2011: Member/Co-Chair - Government Affairs Committee, AIAMI
- 2001-2011: Chair - Professional Task Force, AIAMI
- 2005-Present: Member - Risk Management Committee, ACECMI
- 2012-Present: Member - Executive Board, Government Affairs Committee, CAM
- 2015-2015 (less than a year): Member of Shrine of the Little Flower Building & Grounds Committee
- 2013-Present: Royal Oak Planning Commission
- 2002-2003: Royal Oak School District Facilities Committee